Make a Donation
It’s Your Island.
Help Us Protect It!
- The mission of the Rose Island Lighthouse Foundation (RILF) is to preserve the historic and environmental integrity of the island and to maintain and operate its lighthouse for public access.
- Our staff and volunteers collaborate with schools, colleges and universities, youth groups, and other interested organizations to provide environmental and historic information about the unique role Rose Island has played in the past and continues today and into the future.
- More than 900 students from near and far participated in educational field trips to Rose Island last year!
- The lighthouse museum, wildlife refuge, and meeting and picnic areas are open for daily visits, exploring, guided tours, and events. Plan an overnight stay in one of 5 unique guest rooms to experience the historic serenity of Rose Island firsthand.
- Rose Island was host to more than 3000 guests in 2017. Approximately 500 visitors attended special events including wine tastings, weddings, fundraisers, and celebrations. Over 200 experienced life as a lighthouse keeper in the vintage lighthouse apartment.
Preservation – Education – Conservation
Your donation supports:
- The continuous restoration of the barracks, lighthouse and foghorn buildings
- The funding for education and research development activities
- The safety of the facilities for an enjoyable experience for visitors to Rose Island
Light the Light
Lighting the Rose Island Light on a special night is a wonderful way to acknowledge someone or something important to you. The symbolism of the light is a blessing that is perfectly suited for many occasions, including weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, and also for memorials.
Just tell us the night you want the light dedicated, what you want to say and to who, and we will:
– Make an entry on that day into the Lighthouse Keeper’s log
– Acknowledge your dedication with a beautiful lighthouse note card
The dedication costs $100, which is fully-deductible as a contribution. Please call our office at 401-847-4242 to arrange.